Tuesday, January 31, 2012

19 WEEKS


How Far Along? 19 Weeks

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

How I'm Feeling Overall: Pretty good! Lots of round ligament pain and stretching going on. Starting to get more difficult to get out of bed LOL. Last night I rolled over and had a sharp stabbing pain ( also round ligament) AHHH it’s not very fun.

Maternity Clothes? Oh absolutely!! Starting to feel more comfortable “looking pregnant” rather than just wearing bigger shirts….. that is until someone makes a comment about being “so big” SHUT UP!! LOL

Sleep?  Still not tired until about 9 pm at night, also been able to sleep in “late” on weekends ( this means 7 am ) but still loving my naps on a regular basis.

Best Moment of the Week? Realizing that I can feel the baby moving EVERY DAY now!! ( so far) every week is different and if baby moves back I may not feel it so much.

Movement? Yep, and last week it seemed higher up in my belly this week it is again right in between my hip bones. I feel it a lot more often now and I love it!!

Food Cravings/Aversions?   Ummm still junk food 
L that and fruit and sour candy. Pretty much the same. I could still also eat pizza every single day!! YUM

What I miss? Being able to sit in my office chair for 8 hrs and not having terrible back pain
L

What I'm looking forward to? My “big” ultrasound on Valentine’s day, and I also can’t wait for the day when Jon is able to see/feel the baby moving and kicking in my belly!

Weekly Wisdom: Again, I have to keep reminding myself that every pregnancy is different and every woman is different so I need to stop comparing myself to everyone else’s pregnancy!
Milestones:  Being able to wear “normal looking” clothes instead of just sweats and sweatshirts all the time. It’s nice to dress up and actually feel good!

Emotions? Terrible,  I am a grumpy gus…and I need to work on this!!!
************

On another note:: Looks like I am going to need to start picking a baby shower day now since so many of my friends are pregnant also and I don't want to interfere. My friend that is planning it for me and I were looking at a calender and were thinking it will be Sat.MAY 12th.Can't wait to just hang with all my girlfriends! yippee!

So fun! I want to plan someones baby shower! Imagine all the fun Pinterest goodies I could make and decorate with!! OOOOooooOOO I would have a blast! My friend has her baby shower this weekend and I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great, looking cute as ever and keeping us all informed ! Wonderful! Listen, I still have some stories to tell you......quit running away! Buwahahahhaha.....enjoy your afternoon naps girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWHAHA... Oh I will KEEP running when you try to tell me those stories!! :)

    ReplyDelete