Tuesday, January 17, 2012

17 WEEKS

How Far Along? 17 weeks ( still 4 months)
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

How I'm Feeling Overall: EMOTIONAL. Moody to the 15th power. But on another hand, I am finally feeling more “normal” and back to my old self. I can do housework again ( for now) without being sick or uncomfortable.


Maternity Clothes? YES! I had a breakdown this weekend because it seems like NOTHING fits anymore. I got 2 pairs of super cute maternity jeans ( one is a pair of jeggings) I just feel so HUGE and awkward looking.

Sleep? I have been staying up “later” these days ( so that means more like 8pm instead of 6pm) but for some reason I am up MUCH earlier…. Sometimes as early as 3 AM.


Best Moment of the Week? Having people compliment me about looking “cute” the same day I had the breakdown from feeling “fat.”

Movement? Some. I have had some weird “twitching” or spasm feelings that feel like kicks to me, but I know baby is still to tiny to feel a kick as powerful as I am. BUT I do feel the moving and rolling feelings.

Food Cravings/Aversions?  Sour skittles. YUM. And PIZZA…oh how I love Pizza! It has always been a fav. of mine but for a few weeks it never sounded good.
*** now why can’t I have an aversion to junk…dang it***

What I miss? Sleeping through the night comfortably. I toss and turn SOOOO much these days, not to mention the wake and pee every couple hours routine.

What I'm looking forward to? my u/s gender apt on valentine’s day! I dont care about the gender so much as I can’t wait to SEE baby!!  << yep still this!!

Weekly Wisdom: after looking at other pregnancy pics I realize I am not bigger than “normal” because with pregnancy there is no normal!!


Milestones: I finally have some energy again! YAY

Emotions? TERRIBLY moody!!! Everything makes me cry! Also super irritable!

No comments:

Post a Comment