Tuesday, January 24, 2012

18 WEEKS

How Far Along? 18 weeks
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit.

How I'm Feeling Overall: Heavy. That is the best that I can explain it. I feel like I should be at least 7 months before I feel this way. Not as tired anymore like I used to be in my first trimester. Also very itchy and uncomfortable.

Maternity Clothes? Oh absolutely!! Thanks to a good friend I have now added a few items to my collection.

Sleep? UGH… what is sleep? Haha just kidding but on a more serious note I wake up EVERY HOUR just to roll over to the other side. I am supposed to be trying to sleep mostly on my left, however I sleep on both sides or I don’t sleep at all. I also don’t fall asleep these days until about 10 pm ( which is a change from the 7pm sleep time from a few weeks ago )

Best Moment of the Week? I have a great moment every night when my hubby and I have “baby time” he rubs my belly with Bio Oil so I get a mini belly massage
J it’s wonderful!!!

Movement? Yes! And It is higher than before…. Usually just below my bellybutton these days. The only thing I can’t seem to figure out are these small spasms I get if I move to fast. Like if I reach for something, sometimes I will get a quick spaz ( feels like a kick) but I think it’s too soon for that so I’m sure it’s something else.

Food Cravings/Aversions?   Aversion to anything healthy UGH
L gotta work on that! I have been craving fruit like a mad woman, and also I was craving Papa Johns bread sticks with garlic dipping sauce all week long. Also still crave anything sour.


What I miss? Sleeping soundly through the night, this will be long gone for awhile now.    

What I'm looking forward to? Well having the baby in my arms of course… but before that I suppose I just can’t wait to SEE the baby moving inside like an alien I remember that being so cool!

Weekly Wisdom: ** Yes note to anyone talking to a pregnant woman** #1. Don’t make comments like “ WOW are you suuuuuuure there is only one in there???” ( You may as well be calling her fat) # 2. Try to steer clear of horror stories that you may have about unsuccessful pregnancies ( we worry enough about things we see or hear in blogs, TV shows, and message boards, so please don’t tell us about your good friend losing her baby at a stage we have not even concurred yet) ……..
***you know what, I am going to write an entire blog on this later.***
TO BE CONTINUED……..

Milestones: ummmmmm…… nothing that I can think of right now. Other than making it to 18 weeks so far.

Emotions? I have some severe road rage. I don’t act on anything but sometimes people make me cry when they cut me off or don’t let me in hahaha.


     **** here it is.... my first official belly pic****  ( ps: I hate when people take pics in mirrors and you can see the phone LOL sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment