Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anxiety!!

ANXIETY CITY!!!

So before I got pregnant I used to take a medication for anxiety. ( Among other things, this was the least of my issues really LOL) Usually I don’t get bad anxiety unless things are not going as planned or I am traveling etc…. However today….well, that’s another story!
I have anxiety!
This morning  I was thinking about an upcoming baby shower for a friend of mine and decided to go look at her registry…well of course I got side tracked and decided I should look at things that I was going to get for our baby when we know the sex.
EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK…….
I panicked! I started doing what I always do to help with my other issue of ADHD and started making lists. Of course I need things like a crib, a car seat, a stroller etc. but then my mind started racing to the thoughts of needing the little things like blankets and a thermometer ( the list goes on and on)
Writing this list made me realize how much more unprepared I really am! Not to mention that I refuse to shop for anything until about 30 weeks or so because I am just not ready to yet J Then I started to think about my own baby shower and felt another small panic attack coming on. I love a reason to party so when I think baby shower I think of all my girlfriends and all the yummy food…. And then I think about other people having to stress about their own money issues to get me a silly gift. Anyone who really knows me knows that is the LAST thing I would want to put someone through! I am so worried that people will think I am inviting them just to get things for my child, when really as much as I love attention, receiving things and being stared at makes me uncomfortable.
Who do you invite…. Where do you do it…. When…. How…. I didn’t have a shower with my last pregnancy because I was so young and felt like everyone was ashamed anyways. This time I am excited.....Just anxious because I want EVERYONE to be excited too and to have fun!!
AHHHHHH ….JUST STOP!! I need a baby break!! I need to have something else to focus on ( for at least 10 more weeks) time to find a hobby to distract me maybe …..
PINTEREST TIME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment