Monday, January 30, 2012

All in a days work

I had actually written a blog about my weekend but then I realized after reading it that it was really boring. Long story short I did NOTHING and got sick Sunday evening from who knows what.
Here’s what is really on my mind::
So, at my job I sit at a reception desk on the fourth floor right outside of our lunchroom. It is just me and one other person who do this job so usually it is pretty quiet up here. However, I see so many people  during the day when they come up for breaks and lunches etc. and sometimes the littlest comments, quirks and such can really make me crazy, that or I just laugh when they leave.
So, here are a few…. Enjoy J  ** keep in mind there are about 150 employees so it’s not a tiny office**
I  LOVE IT WHEN…….
--- People ask fellow elevator riders “are you going down?” before getting on the elevator…. ( we are on the TOP floor…. There is no other option)
--- someone burns popcorn, cooks fish etc… every person that gets off the elevator will say “ EWWW did someone burn popcorn?” or “ gross it smells like fish” …anyway you get the point.
( really these multiple comments go with anything such as “when are they taking down the decorations?” Or “wow it sure is cold up here”…. When we are both sitting with blankets wrapped around us )
--- someone forgets their badge and calls and we go down to let them in and ….. they are gone. Hey thanks.
--- People that EVERYDAY take the elevator UP, and then when they are heading back downstairs they go “healthy” and take the stairs …. These same people will also comment when walking with a friend who chooses to take the elevator down “ oh, I would go with you but I take the stairs…..”
---  EVERYONE comes  to the fourth floor restrooms to do their business….LOL I guess its better that only 2 of us know your “secret” rather than the rest of the company ……  but it’s not just a few people…its EVERYONE.
--- Every other person that comes up here asks to borrow something…. Silverware, plates, money, even syrup. We are not a grocery store haha.
--- People ask to borrow “ just a dime” or “just a quarter” ….. sorry I just lent out the last of my sons college fund on the other 100 people that needed some change this week.
These are just a few things that really get to me….. there are several more but I think it might be one of those things that you would have to work here to understand. Maybe even have to have my job title.

No comments:

Post a Comment