Tuesday, February 7, 2012

20 Weeks! **halfway point**

How Far Along? 20 weeks (halfway there)

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

How I'm Feeling Overall:  Other than being a ticking time bomb of tears I “feel” great!

Maternity Clothes? I’m going to officially take this off the list next week… yes that is all I wear now
J BUT I will add that maternity  jeans are so dang unflattering! They are always just too baggy and make my butt look saggy UGH.

Sleep?  I need a nap everyday… even if it’s only 30 mins on my lunch break. Also I still wake up every morning around 3 am but can usually fall back asleep shortly after.

Best Moment of the Week?  Jon felt the baby… only a TINY bit though, he said it felt like the baby brushed against his hand.

Movement? Everyday now!

Food Cravings/Aversions?   I am not as hungry as I was previously… still craving mostly fruit, and of course pizza LOL

What I miss? I really miss my face being thinner and not having a double chin hahahaha.

What I'm looking forward to? Being able to lose this baby weight after he/she is born.

Weekly Wisdom: I have learned just in general to be a more positive. Also not to worry so much about what people think of me! I have a huge issue with that, I hate to be judged but I need to stop caring SO much about that.
Milestones: YEP I’ve made it HALFWAY!

Emotions? Eeeeeeeeek…. Like I said I am a serious emotional roller coaster! My poor husband LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment