Tuesday, March 6, 2012

24 WEEKS!!

How Far Along? 24 weeks ( still measuring 25 though)
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn),she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

How I'm Feeling Overall:
Hungry more often but full very quickly. My back gets very sore these days, at the end of the day, in the evening I usually feel pretty run down and uncomfortable.

Food Cravings/Aversions?
Still a big time craving to fruits and sugar. Also still not so into eating meat although I know the baby needs protein.

Best Moment of the Week?  
Hmmmm…. I am not sure about this one, kinda had a rough week. I guess the best moment would be walking into work in the sun last week one day. Put me in a GREAT mood all day long. It was lovely.

Sleep?
Sleep is still pretty ok. I do feel super big though so every move I make feels like I have to put in a ton of effort. Especially getting in and out of bed.

Movement?
All the time still. Even had a friend feel a big kick this week!
 
Milestones:
Nothing that I can think of here either. Not too much change from last week.

Emotions?
Still pretty emotional. VERY irritable. People get on my nerves easily and it is hard to smile through sometimes. Also not feeling like being around people all the time. Sometimes I even get nervous before going to anywhere because I just hate being noticed or proaded about the pregnancy.

What I miss?
I miss just fitting in with everyone else. I thought I would LOVE the pregnancy limelight, but it kinda makes me more uncomfortable. I also just compare myself with every other preggo I see.


 What I'm looking forward to?
See above!! FITTING IN… with the crowd, into clothes…. Everything!

Weekly Wisdom: I am going to take this out and instead add a new column:: ** see below**
Best Line Heard this week:  ( said to me by a coworker) “ you know I bet she will only be a 6 lb baby…. It just LOOKS like she will be 50lbs”…..  gee thanks J

No comments:

Post a Comment